Saturday, August 23, 2008

Did Ya See, Leah?

Our own Leah appeared on national television, today. Yep, she fiddled her way into our lives by playing her rendition of the National Anthem, on the violin.

Scranton Boy Nearly Ruined It
I was in Middleburg, still reeling from the sudden loss of my brother-in-law, when I asked my family to tune in ABC. Leah was slated to play about 3:20, but, Joe Biden came on as a special report to say in an extremely long-winded way, "Yep, I'll run with Obama." My family laughed as I growled, mumbling they will probably pre-empt, Leah. Sure enough, eventually, Biden stopped talking and ABC ended their post-speech analysis. Finally, it was back to Little League. AND, there she was, on pitcher's mound, clad in some kind of sports-oriented tee-shirt and jeans. Just last month, Leah played her violin on the Great Wall of China, today, the world.

What a great kid. Thank you, Leah for including me in your fascinating summer and thanks for alerting me to today's game.

I fired-off a quick e-mail to Leah, telling her, I could not have been more proud of her as I would my own daughter. My sister's house erupted with me, screaming - "That's one of my kids!!!!"

See y'all on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mr. z! yes i did see leah! I went to another game before that where she played the national anthem! they've had some talented kids do that! in the world series there was a seven year old playing it on his trumpet!