Friday, August 22, 2008

Hey, There, Mousketeers!!!

I hope all my incoming cherubs are eager to start a new school year. I know I am ready. Not only did I meet a great bunch of kids during orientation, earlier this week, but, our "Meet the Teacher" turnout was terrific.

I do have to apologize, however. One of my brothers-in-law passed away over the past weekend in North Carolina, and the red tape to ship the body back here was horrendous. Anyhow, Thursday and Friday was a time for funeral and I was flip-flopping back and forth between here and Middleburg, in Snyder County. I did make it back for our meet the teacher night and I am pleased with the outcome.

Yesterday was bad as the family gathered, cried, moarned and hugged at the viewing, but, we also shared funny stories and events prompted by this departed family member. Yes, yesterday was long, but, today, was worse. Today, was a very long day that started about 5:30 this morning, and here I am at 9:30 at night finally loosening my tie, kicking off my shoes and journaling in this blog.

If you want a harrowing experience, be a part of a 14-car funeral procession from Selinsgrove to Williamsport at 2 p.m. on a Little League Week Friday!! Despite the fact we used warning flashers on our cars, other motorists disregarded that fact and broke our line, scooted in front of us, in our line, made illegal turns through our line and greeted us with shouts and obscene gestures -- only in Pennsylvania, home of the meanest critters in America.

I am planning to make-up some lost time on Sunday, by working on my classroom. Miss Porter, our substitute for the substitute for the substitute for Mrs. Fry, indicated she would like to come in also, on Sunday, to work on her room. Yeah, I know, dedicated. It's easy for her, she's my son's age. Us old geezers find it tough to make it through a Monday to Friday gig, much less, come on weekends.

Okay, let's wrap-it-up. My incoming kiddoes are really super. Their parents were so nice and some even smiled at my dumb jokes. I think it's gonna be a great year.

I will see YOU on Tuesday. Have a super weekend, folks.

No comments: