Monday, August 18, 2008

Hi-Dee Ho!!! I'm baaaaccckkk!

SUMMER IS OVER!!!!!!!
Back to the grind. Orientation, today, with a really neat looking group of incoming sixth graders. They are oh-so polite and tiny.
Mr. Fausnaught, Mrs. Preisch, Miss Massetti, Mr Saville-Andre, and PTO President Mrs. Bogacyzk, gave a great presentation. Mrs. Antonacci, Mrs. Pulizzi, and I, stood on the side.

'Puters and Tables
Some good news. Mr. Gee connected all six of my new, old computers in my classroom, and my long awaited tables arrived and were "set-up" in my room upon my arrival, today.
It felt funny being back in the classroom. Mrs. Antonacci and Mrs. Pulizzi working in their classrooms as we ready for the first day of school, next Tuesday.
I am still waiting for the rest of my supplies, and my scissors disappeared from my room.

Mystery Teacher
We were 'posed to have Mr. Forney sub for Mrs. Fry, this year, but, he accepted a full-time teaching position at Curtin Middle School. The rat, but, he is a good teacher and I knew someone would snatch him from our clutches. Anyway, Mr. Fausnaught found a replacement for Mrs. Fry's replacement -- Mrs. Albaugh. Mrs. Albaugh was a long-term sixth grade sub 15 years ago. I have not worked with her, since. I was so excited to learn she was coming in for Mr. Forney. But, alas, I learned, this morning, Mrs. Albaugh has accepted a position, elsewhere -- go figure. Poor Mr. Fausnaught is now interviewing, again, for that one-year position. This guy has the patience of a saint. He took it all in stride as we greeted parents and students, this morning.

Thanks Ling-Ling and Ryan
It was a nice summer. I heard from these kiddoes over the summer and was privvy to be invited to view Ling-Ling's China visit blog. Her father took many pictures and posted them during their trip. I really enjoyed the daily blog.

Have a great night, folks.

No comments: