Wednesday, October 01, 2008

They Must Love Me, This Assignment Could Be Done At Home

Okay, I've got about a dozen munchkins in my classroom completing Lab 8e -- identifying sand. This part of the project could be done on any computer, because you access the website through my website. Instead, they chose to stay after school and work in my room. Although I know its not true, I fancy to think they stayed because they wanted to spend some extra time with me. They Love Me -- They Really Love Me!!! Eh, they wanted an excuse to be with friends. Hey, I can imagine - can't I.

Daughter Has A Home
Fancy that, my daughter is being housed in a hotel at College Station, Texas. She said she has to take two buses and walk about 15 minutes to get to campus from the hotel, but, she has a single room with a king-sized bed, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and AC. After a four hour trip from Houston to College Station, she spent the night in the room. She realized, this morning, she needs to buy a coat. She said even at 10 a.m. it was cold. Since she is completely lost, she did find someone to guide her to the campus bookstore. "Dad, they have coats, but, the price!!!" I told her to go ahead. At this point, her health and comfort are priority over cost. Geez, that hurt to say. All that money! Oiy!!!! Still the college version of my kid in sweats and sneaks is better than the teenaged kid with designer clothes.

I Like This Class
You should see my cherubs. They are working on this lab and fully-intend to finish by 4:30. For the last few weeks I questioned their maturity. I am eating crow, they are working in a mature manner. Aiy, it does my old Irish heart proud -- whoops, I'm Polish.

Have a great night, folks. Time to ask Pappa Z for help.

1 comment:

Shirin said...

Honestly, since Microsoft Word is such an essential program these days, I don't see the harm in having the students use it. They will need to learn about "all the bells and whistles" eventually, so why not start now?

Collegiate sweatshirts are actually really nice, but they're only worth the 50 bucks they cost if you actually like your school.