Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hey! There's a Docs in my Google!!!

Took my social studies class to that fancy new computer lab that was supposed to be for middle school, but, was taken over by high school --arrgghhh. Anyway, showed my munchkins how to use google.docs. It is a neat alternative to Microsoft Word without - to quote Mr. Ellis, our 7th grade social studies teacher - "all the bells and whistles."

Speaking of Computers
Some of my science classes are behind schedule and should be on page 16 through 18 in their packets. This involves using the computer and finding sites on our FOSS module. Your kiddoes have all the instructions and are welcomed to work at home. I want this entire packet done by Thursday morning. NO FORGIVENESS!!! It's now time to observe deadlines. We have to push-on. I am three weeks behind schedule, as it is.

Maneuvering through a battlefield
My kid called at 3 for her 100 mile trip to College Station. Here it is pert near 7 and she is still 40 miles from College Station. She said the roads are like minefields, traffic is bumper-to-bumper, they had to travel in the opposite direction to get around impassable road lengths. So, there they are, my kid, her friend and her boyfriend, enroute to the main campus. She is staying in a hotel, tonight, and will be assigned a room and an area rooming house, tomorrow. Would you go through all that?

Have a great night, folks. Pray for the hurricane victims in Texas. While you're at it, say a little prayer for Mrs. Fry. I just adore that woman.

No comments: