Thursday, March 06, 2008

Meet the People

Teachers, staff members, students, no one was safe from the hordes of sixth graders, who, today, swarmed the halls of the middle and high school in search of victims to conduct a water know-how survey. Not only did I have my BASE class, but, I took Mrs. Antonacci's kids in this whirlwind adventure. Seems like they enjoyed the out-of-seat activity.

Willy Wetworth
I wanted to get a photograph of the Willy Wetworth Travel Guide, my BASE kids designed, but they blended in with the backdrop of the wall so much, the actual booklets were lost in the glare. Sorry. They are kinda cool, stop by my room and read them. I have them on the hallway wall, outside my classroom. Whatsa Willy Wetworth Travel Guide? Its the adventure of a water drop through the drainpipe and is part of a water conservation and protection project I am working with during the BASE period.

Anisha's Mom
Stopped in to see me, today. Anisha has been accepted, again, for a summer program at Johns Hopkins. Wow. This little girl is sharp. She is polite, warm, and a really nice kid.

Have You Thought About Summer Camp?
If you are struggling in school, perhaps, you should consider summer camp for reading and/or math. Mrs. Nemeth and Mrs. Antonacci will talk with you if they think you would benefit from the summer program.

OMers Make the News
Congrats to Loyalsock OMers that the education section of the Sun-Gazette!! I am so proud of our kids that get involved in this problem-solving activity. It takes a lot of their free time, but the rewards are well worth it. Keep chuggin', kiddoes, and good luck at competition at Mansfield on Saturday. By the way, Saturday will be an all-rain event with just a trace of snow. You should be okay for traveling.

Thanks Nick D.
I may not have said this enough to Nick, but, I am so very proud of this young man. He has turned himself around and is a pleasure to have in the classroom. He is intelligent, strives to succeed and has been helpful to me when I needed an extra hand. I think he is COOL. I mentioned that to Mr. Fausnaught, this morning, who agreed with me. Keep it up, Nick. You will do very well for yourself with this new attitude.

Have a great night folks. Dog and I are going for a nice walk, as soon as I get out of the school building.

No comments: