Thursday, August 06, 2009

New Year, New Principal, Returning Friend, Same Z

I see we have a new middle school principal, Mr. Gaetano. He comes to us from Millersburg, where he was the high school principal. Yes, he has three grown children - two college grads and one still in college. He was officially hired by us, last night. The man has an ominous task as we get down to just a few weeks before school begins. Welcome aboard, Mr G.

Howdy Newbies
It appears we are getting a large incoming sixth grade class to be shared among only four teachers. That means we will be crammed into a small science classroom, where I have all our science-related gadgets, supplies, and tables, stored. Remember, when working in such close quarters -- to shower, often. LOL!!

She's Back
Our own Mrs. Fry, sixth grade reading teacher, is back, after a two-year hiatus. I saw her earlier this week getting her classroom ready for the upcoming year. She looks great and is eager to get back to work.

Earth and Space
Pay close attention in class, this year. It's the only time you will receive instruction in Earth and Space science, while at Loyalsock. That means, you've "gotta" remember all this stuff for not only your 8th grade PSSA science test, but, for the 11th grade test, as well.

You Will Need. . .
This is complicated. You need a notebook, pen/pencil, notebook paper. The trick is, you need to bring them, everyday, to class. Last year's group wiped me out of more than 100 pencils. You are responsible for your own pencil and paper. If I give you a pencil, be prepared to contribute $0.25 to the "Money I Raised For Charity" jar.

Nobody Messes With My Newbies
I am a daddy. My oldest is in the Air Force, a military cop. My baby is in her third year of college at Texas A&M in Galveston, studying to be a marine scientist. Expect me to treat you the same as I would my own children. I will guide you, protect you, hug you, hold your hand, listen to your problems and concerns, and -- "yell at 'ya," when you misbehave. Most importantly - I will love you as if you are my child. Anyone "messes" with you, must answer to me!! Or worse, to Mrs. Antonacci, our sixth grade math teacher, resident dynamo, and mommy of two elementary school kids.

Send Me E-mail, or Comment on this Blog
I love hearing from you and/or your parents. Comments, quips, queries, quandries, etc., are always welcomed. I post homework and copies of our current unit on my website. Please visit, daily.

Okay, let's get started. Click the web address to get to my website. http://www.ltsd.k12.pa.us/497970223125916/site/default.asp

No comments: