Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mex As A Celebrity

We took the daughter to State College airport as she left again for school in Texas -- she is now a junior. Anyway, the wife picked up a copy of "Town and Gown" to see a photo of our former superintendent, Dr. Richard Mextorf. The article was about his history in education as he takes the reins as superintendent of State College public schools. Needless to say, we snatched a handful of copies of the magazine and I dropped off a few at the district office, Schick elementary and the middle school.

Our New Principal
Although I have yet to meet Mr. Gaetano, our new middle school principal, a few parents in the district stopped me recently to say they think he is a real charmer. That's great that parents like him. It is tough to move into a new neighborhood and make such a great impression. I think I'm gonna like this fella. I hope you all welcome him to our district.

More New Faces
Well, our boys' and girls' gym teachers have moved to the high school, and the newbies have been assigned to the middle school. I will meet them, nxt Wednesday. Apparently, they subbed or student taught in our schools. Also, I am eager to see who gets the learning support teaching job for sixth grade. Mrs. Pulizzi's classroom is now the new learning support room, and Mrs. P. has moved into the old learning support classroom -- right next to me. Poor woman does not like loud music and in the mornings, I crank the tunes until the windows rattle.

Mr. Johnson has moved into the old middle school computer lab and is now the 7th grade reading teacher, while Mrs. Krout, came down from the high school to each 7th grade language arts. She is a nice lady and the kids will be very pleased with her.

I Was Correct!!!
For a couple of years, I've been harping about not permitting flip-flops in school. My reason is sanitary. Click on this link for a neat article about the footwear. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32453516?GT1=43001

Have a great night, folks.

1 comment:

Miss Nicole Porter said...

Interesting article Mr. Z. I will still wear my flip flops. Have a great school year. I will miss competing with you on yelling!

Miss Porter