Friday, February 13, 2009

Gonna Gang-up on Mrs. Helminiak

It has been an agonizing couple of days, but, I've come to the conclusion my "Safe to Drink" project is not conducive to my sixth graders, this year. Therefore, starting on Tuesday, I will dump that project and all of my sixth grader will do the same, "Mrs. Helminiak, the pollution lady," hydrology project. That means, I gotta get about 20 more two-liter bottles, over the weekend. Somebody wanna serve as lookout, while I go Dumpster diving?

Congrats to our middle school bballers
I enjoyed watching our 7th and 8th graders trounce those Millville upstarts, last night. I sat with Mr. Miller, Mr. Ellis, Mr. and Mrs. Bomboy, and several of our student teachers from Lock Haven University. Ms. Born came by with a camera and risked life and limb taking my photograph. It was a nice, enjoyable night. I got to chat with several parents and students.

My ladies got feather roses
Who said I ain't cultured!?! I gave each of my female co-workers a Dollar Tree feather rose, stapled it to a computer-generated Valentine's Day card and taped the whole shebang to each teacher's classroom door. Who said I ain't romantic? It even scored me a couple of hugs. Oh, yes, being 50 is grand.

No school on Monday
Man, do I need a break. Thank goodness.

Have a great weekend, folks. See y'all on Tuesday. Or, if something cool happens before Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Zdun,

Just took three garbage bags full of plastic to the recycle center on Saturday. Don't know if we had 20 of those 2 ltr bottles may have have been close, had so much plastic couldn't get the trunk closed. I should read your blog more frequently.

Joanie

PS Missy would have just loved hauling them to school on the Bus. ;-)