Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Zowie!! Wow!! and, OMIGOSH!

What a great day!!! The majority of munchkins had their agendas signed, and they worked so well on the computers researching and collecting background information on conglomerate rocks. I feel bad, because I wanted to reward my last two classes for making such a wonderful comeback, that I ran out of time, and did not get a chance to pass out a reward. Okay, you know, they will each get an M&M fun pak, first thing, tomorrow. Yay! Sugar in the morning!

I psyched-up the kids telling them their finished reports will be so informative parents will be going to work bragging about their newly-learned knowledge about this sedimentary rock.

I just love when these kids react in an eager manner. God, I wish I could instill a love of learning in them that I did not achieve until I started journalism in college.

I Glanced At My Homeroom Report Cards
Ten kids in my homeroom achieved distinguished honor roll, and one on honor roll. Not bad for a class of 23. Are the grades inflated? I don't know. I do know most of them work very hard in science and I try to encourage that by permitted fixing graded papers and such.

I Am Getting Hugs
I am getting more hugs from kids, this year, than ever. Could it be I am beginning to look more and more like Santa Claus? I get kids passing through the hallways stopping to give me a hug, 7th and 8th and even high schoolers. It feels so good to be loved. When was the last time you gave your kid a hug?

Social Studies Was Fun If You Just Try
I overheard one student from the first marking period respond to a kid in the second marking period, who stated he did not like my social studies class. The first kid said we do fun and neat things in social studies when students take an interest in what is being taught. Hmmm. Food for thought. Is it fun to take a court case about one of the Constitutional Amendments and initiate a debate, or construct a powerpoint presentation on your take on another court ruling? Funny, I never remembered civics as a fun class. Go figure.

Hope You All Voted
My daughter registered but never got her card from Lycoming County, they kept sending her correspondence about correcting her social security number. She did, they didn't. She did not get to vote. The boy and I went together to the polls. I saw several former students voting for the first time. I love America. Good luck, Mr. Obama. I'm gonna miss seeing that pretty Sarah Palin, in the news.

Have a great night, folks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr.Z!
Glad to hear you were another Obama voter! :D I tagged along with my parents on election day and voted at around 7:15 in the morning. That Tina Fey is hilarious! She looked so much like Sarah Palin...... 7th grade is a lot of fun. I do miss all of my 6th grade teachers, (sniffle, sniffle,) but I am enjoying all the classes here. Mr. Walls is doing a project on historic Lycoming County and we are going to do a radio spot at my Dad's station, so that should be fascinating. Clubs is also really cool. I'm excited to act in front of some elem. kids. Writing the script was fun because we made a lot of the words rhyme and I know I'm sorta blabing on and on. But I really just wanted to say hi and see what's up in your classes right now!