Friday, November 07, 2008

That Was Kinda Cool

A teacher dreams of hearing those words following a lesson. It took a couple of class periods, but, one young man told me that as he left my classroom. He was referring to the lesson, today, in which I had each group member leave their table and create another group with other group's members. There, they discussed their homemade conglomerate rocks and made comparisons and contracts about the rocks, they made. The "uniqueness" of each rock heightened awareness that this type of sedimentary rock is special. I really liked listening to some of the discussions in all my classes.

How About A Roll Call?
If you are reading my blog, please drop me a comment. Mind you, I have to approve your post before I add it to the comments. I am also curious if the blog informs, entertains, or simply annoys you. Heavens, I am quick to criticize other blogs, I read. If I am not your cup of tea, please tell me why. For my loyal fan out there, I wish we were together, right now. I really miss you.

Have a great weekend, folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your "loyal fan" refer to me, Eric, or Shirin? We are having a debate about it, but all miss you, except Shirin since she has never met you, but she imagines she met you so she can miss you too.

Shirin said...

We've met, sort of... in cyberspace! I read your blog! :) It's just that it's so focused on your school lessons sometimes that I really don't have much to say about it. I'm surprised your students don't comment more.