Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My Blonde Angel

I started by posting a passionately pathetic blog, today. Sort of, feel sorry for Mr. Z, post. I then erased that and substituted a blurb stating I wanted a break from blogging.

I ran into Mrs. Dincher on the way out the door. She said she wanted to read my blog. I explained to her how depressed I felt, today, because students are getting their parents to sign the agenda without verifying work was completed. I told her how discouraged I felt because I wanted parents involved and quite a few are not doing that. Mrs. Dincher gave me a pep talk. Made me feel pretty good that I am working as hard as I can to make these children successful.

Mike, Mrs. Dincher's son, was with her. He was always such a good kid and it reminded me how much I enjoy what I do.

Report Cards, Tomorrow
Oh, oh.

Writing a Science Report
Today, the cherubs wrote a paragraph about the conglomerate experiment. Some figured out our homemade rock is nothing more than concrete. Go figure. I was so dazzled by my first two classes, today. These kids wrote coherent, cohesive, and relevent paragraphs about the experiment. Hey, I gave each one an M&M fun pak. The last two classes were not as eager. Kinda ruined the mood, The last class were so eager to write a paragraph they wrote too much. They discussed computers, internet, etc. No, no, no. The paragraph was only about the hands-on experiment, not the project.

Tomorrow, we do research on the 'puters about conglomerate rocks.

Have a great night, folks, and thanks, Nancie, for the shot in the arm.

No comments: