Sunday, November 30, 2008

To Post Or Watch Boring Commentators?

I will post a blog as I await the Bears/Vikings game at 8:15.

So, how was Turkey Day? It was a nice get-together at my sister's house. Her husband passed away in September, so this was the first family holiday without Kurt. My sister's girls came in, my family, and my dad. Although I can no longer eat turkey, I did sample a little of everything else.

When they were in Poland several years ago, my son, sister, her family, and my dad, were served a soup - zurec - prior to each meal. So, my sister got the soup fixins' from a Polish deli and made the soup for Thanksgiving. Man, was that good. We all filled-up on soup prior to the turkey. Heh, heh.

My dad and sister live in Middleburg, along the ridge of a hill that overlooks the valley. A most tranquil setting. My dog, Missy, and my sister's dog, Molly, and I, took a long walk along the ridge. The dogs ran, played, kept vying for my attention by frequently stopping me for a pat or petting. After all that fresh air, I nodded off a couple of times in my sister's Florida room as the women folk prepared the meal. My son and niece's boyfriend played video games.

Well, the game is about to start. See y'all on Tuesday!

No comments: