Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Getting Closer To Earth


The cherubs are putting labels on their geologic timelines, spaced every 100 million years apart. Then, they will highlight each of Earth's four eons by coloring each eon a different color. When you're dealing with a 15-foot length of paper, well, sometimes you have to spread out on the hallway floor.

Last Day For Nice Weather
I hope you enjoyed today's weather. It's the last you will see for a while. I am looking forward to getting out for my nightly walk with the dog. The crisp air has made for some terrific three-mile excursions. Feelin' good, folks.

My Baby Is Taking Her Finals
The countdown is on as my daughter finishes her semester in College Station, Texas. She has been housed in an old hotel since Hurricane Ike damaged her Galveston campus and displaced her. The kid is so anxious to get outta there. She had a wonderful turkey day vacation in Houston. Although she stayed with a friend, she managed to spend a lot of time with her boyfriend. Both Shirin and Eric are terrific kids. I'm glad she met such wonderful people. She is finished at College Station on December 9, but, will spend a week in Houston before coming home on December 17. She already has decided to come to school with me on December 18 -- oh, oh, watch out sixth graders - she's a taskmaster. Makes me look almost housebroken.

Have a great night, folks

No comments: