Monday, May 05, 2008

Okay, I'm Late, Again

Lee Lee sent me a message telling me I am late posting my blog. I know. It was just so nice, this afternoon, I decided to do some yard work. And, believe me, after not being able to walk for 8 years there is a lot of work to be done. So, I trimmed away creeping vines on my lilac bushes and junipers, I cut away biggie jagger bushes growing on a hill beneath my row of Pine trees, cut the lawn and replanted an azalea. Oh, and I had to add more string to the weed wacker. Whew! I feel like one of those gardners on the Home and Garden Network.

Back to school work
Flight durations went pretty well. I had a lot of kids that kept their planes in the air for five seconds, but, I had several notables, such as Brandon, whose plane stayed in the air for 8.16-seconds, and Ryland, who made it last for 7.15-seconds. By the way, 7th grade girls that were warming-up for gym class in the gymnasium, gave Ryland the aaaaahhhhs and ooooohhhhs.

Cross-age Tomorrow
Section 64 does not have science tomorrow, due to cross-age. Section 63 needs to launch planes for duration, and Sections 62 and 61 are gonna build the omni-wing paper airplane. It uses tape, but, boy does that puppy fly.

Whew! Better Hit The Shower
Worked up a sweat, in the yard. Shower and bedtime by 10 a.m. Don't expect to see me at school before 7 a.m. tomorrow. I am starting to show signs of overwork. 10-hour days being paid for only 8, is getting to me.

Have a great night, folks.

No comments: