Thursday, May 08, 2008

I Love Our PTO Moms and Dads

It's National Teacher Recognition Week and our PTO has been busy, since, yesterday, setting-up a luscious lunch for the faculty, for today. I walked into the faculty room, this morning, and found an array of goodies ready for us.

I often brag about our PTO to teachers in other districts. Sometimes, I take for granted, how good I have it, here. This PTO comes in and prepares ice cream sundaes for our cherubs as a reward, they supply us with food and "stuffs" for field trips and offer to come into the classroom and help out. I will tell you, teachers in other districts envy me.

Here's a big, Pappa Z hug, to the Loyalsock Middle School PTO!!!!!!! Thanks for all that you do.

Half Day For Me, Tomorrow
The marine biology major daughter is coming home, tomorrow, for six-week working visit. She is doing an independent study of wetlands at the Muncy Canal archaeology dig site. I have to take a half-day personal day to get to State College in time for her proposed 1:40 p.m. arrival. My cherubs will watch a really cool video on the Unfolding Universe. It pretty much covers, in a fantastic graphics display, the textbook we are using in science.

Gideon versus Wainwright
In Social Studies, we will look at the 14th and 5th Amendments in regards to a supreme court case in which an uneducated man was convicted and imprisoned for a burglary. There are some parts of this textbook that are really neat. I love the court cases they pick to review.

Have a great weekend, folks.

No comments: