Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I, Smiled, Today!

Yes, its true. A Kodak moment, if you will. I returned from the sixth grade team meeting to find a 2.75-oz chocolate Easter bunny resting on my computer monitor. Thanks, Racquel. There was no one around to see the pearly-whites, but, believe me, the cracks in my face were evident the remainder of the day.

Then, MRS. FRY!!!! came in to visit about 3:15. Guys, she looks great!!! We hugged and chatted a short-while. It was wonderful to see Mama Fry.

Problem-Solving
The cherubs worked in groups on an ozone-damaging prediction graph. I gave them a few questions to answer and the majority of students worked well in solving the problem. You wanna talk about infuriating. They still can only deal in black/white, and when I refused to answer questions and directed them back to their groups, they grumbled and griped, but, lo-and-behold, the worked on the problem. It felt great to see their independence.

BASE Played with pH
I poured out some bleach, toilet bowl cleaner, vinegar, liquid soap, coffee, lemon juice and some other do-dads, and set the BASE students off on investigating bases and acids. I burned the daylights out of my fingers handling the toilet bowl cleaner, but, the kids had no reason to touch that material. I'm not quite certain of the reaction on their part. I thought it was a neat lesson. Oh well, I will repeat the lesson for tomorrow's group.

Have a great night, folks.

No comments: