Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Have You Hugged Mr. Fausnaught, Lately?

Our beloved principal is still sick. I think he is trying to break all records on length of time for being sick. He loves the children of this building, so much, I believe if enough of you stopped to hug him, his health will improve.

Smells Like a Locker Room
I've been hearing that all day. My BASE kids are learning about pH and one of the samples they are testing is bleach. I put the samples from yesterday in my refrigerator and today, the odor of bleach has permeated the entire room. Kind of a nice change from the usual coffee smell.

Told 'tya So!
My social studies class grimaced when I told them we were going to study map skills. Mostly, they complained about its simplicity. Ha ha. Yesterday, they got a chance to plot latitude and longitudinal points on a grid -- ya know; north or south latitude, and east or west longitude. It got confusing, but, I think we have everyone on the same page. Today, they were given 10 actual cities to plot on a grid.

Layers of the Atmosphere
All science sections, save section 64, reviewed the layers of the atmosphere, today. They even learned the differences between a meteor, meteoroid, and meterite. You don't know? Ask your kid. He/she don't know? You better email me, tonight. They are being quizzed, tomorrow.
Section 64 is just learning about our present atmosphere. I went into a dissertation about the power of veggies, when it comes to introducting nitrogen into our bodies, which aides in producing proteins, which aid in building skin and muscles. Go ahead, ask your section 64 kid why mama always tells us to eat our veggies?

Have a great night, folks.

No comments: