Friday, October 12, 2007

Sandy

Hi Parents:
Ask your sixth grader to see the rocks and minerals lab notebook. In it, on page 9, are three sand samples they glued into place. By having those samples, students were able study and analyze each sample in-depth and determine which sample was sand dune sand, mountain stream sand, or beach sand. It was a kinda cool experience. They actually seemed to enjoy this activity and when I asked to clean-up and washdown the desks, they were more than accommodating.

Dance Tonight
I wonder if they will play a Polka, for me. Oh well, my dancing days are long gone, but, I'm certain the kids won't mind.

'Puters are Fired-Up
On Monday, students will be using the computers in my room to watch a stream table simulation. They will be able to control the water flow, rate of speed, slope, duration and two kinds of rocky sand materials. Much better than setting-up a table in the classroom and all that down time adjusting the classroom model. Ain't technology, wonderful?

Have a great weekend. See you at the dance. Are you going to the dance? Send me a comment.

No comments: