Thursday, October 11, 2007

Let Me Summarize, This

Pretty neat, class. They used Mrs. Pulizzi's 4-square method to compose a summary of their rock study. After doing 4-square, many students commented that writing the summary was much simpler. Who says public education "don't push readin', ritin', 'rithmetic."

Progress Reports
I gave the kiddoes their science progress reports, today. Look for 'em.

Goodbye Alisha
Today was Alisha's last day, here, at Loyalsock. She is moving to Indiana. I bet she will do just fine in the midwest. Later, today, I will insert a slideshow of students from her science class. Something for her to remember us by. By the way, look for your's truly in that slideshow.

Sand Tomorrow
Tomorrow we play with sand. They will be presented with three sand sample, which, they will glue onto the lab notebook and from there do a series of examinations to determine the composition of those sand samples. Beware, I got one mystery sand sample coming up.

More Comfortable
Looks like most of my students have grown accustomed to this rock project. As I stated, yesterday, about 20 stayed after school, yesterday, to work on the project and get caught-up. Today, they approached the summary with much more confidence.

Rainy Day
What a pain -- my arthritis and bursitus, that is. The cold, raw rain made the joints ache and forced me to wear a sweater in class. Gee, I am getting old. Next thing you know, I will be jingling the change in my pocket.

No comments: