Monday, October 15, 2007

Mystery Solved!

The mystery sand was mountain sand!

Test Tomorrow
Five-question multiple choice test on rocks and minerals lab notebook, tomorrow. Relax, it' easy.

Bad 'Puters
I have one bad computer in my classroom - I was told it "ain't gonna get fixed." There are no spares. Now, two other computers keep "freezing-up". Arrrgghhh. I can only get into a few FOSS files, therefore, the computers I have in my room specifically for FOSS cannot be used. Trying to get computer lab time is like having teeth pulled, with pliers, and no painkillers. We learn, evolve and keep on running. Thank goodness for Mrs. Davis. She schedules computer lab time and helped me find open days where I can get all my classes in there to do FOSS research.

Weathering/Erosion
New lab notebook, tomorrow. Weathering and Erosion. It is basically a 20-minute video but with poignant questions to go with the video.

Still Love It
I hope I did not leave a sour taste in your mouth. I love this place; the people, the kids and Dr. Mextorf, Mrs. Griggs and Mr. Fausnaught have been fantastic and supportive as I switch from teaching ecology to Earth and Space Science. A few technical problems with equipment is simply enough to make me vent, but not condemn.

Students!!!! Ecology -- the study of the environment; Geology - the study of the Earth. Get it? "logy" - the study of.

Have a great night, everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention!!! I wish I could help you more over there!

Have a wonderful week!!!

Mrs. Davis