Thursday, October 18, 2007

Landform Vocabulary

Yesterday, I had the cherubs use their textbooks to locate and define words pertaining to landforms of the Grand Canyon and Colorado River. This is part of our rock and sediment study unit. Anyway, they got finished far too early yesterday. Despite the fact that the directions in yesterday's lesson threatened a test will be given. Well, today, I gave that test. However, I let them use their notes from yesterday. Believe it or not, not everyone got a 100%. Oh well.

6a.m. Rolls Around Mighty Early
For about the last month or so, I have been getting to school around 6 a.m. I am using FOSS modules for the first time and find although it is geared for 6 through 8th grades, it is written more for 8th graders. Therefore, I have been spending a lot of time rewriting the Earth History unit to accommodate my munchkins. Unfortunately, I have to come in the morning to grade papers, write plans and set-up the room for experiments and investigations. Today, I did not get here until 6:50 a.m. and I feel guilty.

Coloring Contest
Mrs. Rogers, our 7th grade life science teacher, is sponsoring a coloring contest as a fundraiser. Each entry fee is $0.50. Great idea Kristina. I'm jealous the sixth grade team did not come up with that idea first. Parents; have your kiddoes enter the contest. We sent home flyers on the contest yesterday and today.

Have a great night.

No comments: