Monday, March 02, 2009

Sand to Rock

Well, we layered sand inside our two-liter soda bottle. We chose a couple of different colors. With water added,we permitted the sand to settle - i.e.; sediment. Then, we opened the cap to the bottle and let the sand and water run out. Some interesting patterns, emerged. Ask your kiddo to share with you the drawing he/she made of the display. We recapped the bottles and I added sodium silicate, a matrix, to bond the sand particles together resulting in a newly-formed rock - by tomorrow - I hope.

My Boy Is Gone
He left for Air Force basic training, this morning. Did I cry? You'll never know. Mr. Conoway's son is finishing his 8-week basic training, this week, and Mr. Gee's son leaves soon. It's tough being a parent - ain't it?

Have a great night, folks. Give your child a little extra hug tonight - they'll be gone before you know it. Now, where did I put those blueprints for the boy's bedroom conversion to my new computer room?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but only 20 days left till I turn 20!!