Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chesapeake Bay Watershed

Since 2000, I have been teaching about the Chesapeake Bay as part of my ocean unit and as an ecology lesson. This year, my voice is being heard about our responsibility to save the bay. Before it was a buzz phrase, I said, we needed to make changes in order to save that ecosystem. Today, those of us living along the Susquehanna River, are now faced with the multi-million dollar penalty for our inaction the last 20-30 years. My kids understand just a bit more, about saving our environment, at least, being good stewards of our watershed.

Tomorrow, I mark the end of our project, The Great Mixing Bowl, for yet, another year. I really enjoy this unit and miss teaching ecology and the environment.

I Guess It Is Official
Our own superintendent, Richard Mextorf, is leaving 'sock. I know its official because its mentioned in Mr. Fausnaught's blog, today. I have enjoyed working with "Mex." He was a super principal and is a nice guy that takes the time to stop into your classroom, shake your hand and just chat. Yeah, I will miss, him, but, he is moving onto a school district that boasts over 7,000 kids, compared to our teenie 1,500. Good Luck, Boss.

Have a great night, folks.

No comments: