Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Couple 'O' Bucks Worth

Hey, some Dollar Tree Slinky(s), some cotton rope, and a couple of pieces of scrap wood from Mr. Wheeland's wood shop, and I have manipulatives for Earthquakes. Today, some of my munchkins attached a slinky to my classroom door handle to demonstrate a Compression Wave, while the rope served to simulate Shear Waves. The wood? Well, rubbing them together simulates plate tectonics and faults.

I'm Seeing Agendas Getting Signed
Thanks parents. You get to see, daily, what's going on in my classroom.

Did Ya See The Mrs. Fry Photo?
On Mr. Fausnaught's blog, today. She was seen at Monday's bball game, in the bleachers. She stopped by, today, for a quickie visit. She is lookin' good. She is such a phenomenal teacher and I pity the cherubs that did not have her in class the last two years. However, I am enthralled with Miss Porter, Mrs. Fry's substitute. I certainly hope the district finds a place for this talented young lady. Even old dogs, like me, learn from the young talent coming into our schools. Check out Miss Porter's web page and blog -- good stuff.

Mrs. Antonacci Is Tireless
in her duties as sixth grade math teacher and sixth grade team leader. I am using her Buckle Down math series for my BASE classes. Once you get into the swing of it, it is really cool. However, you have to have the stamina of an Olympic athlete to keep up the students, each of whom are working in different parts of the book. You have to check problems and then provide one-on-one help for those having difficulty with a particular skill. It is really cool, but, tiring. Hats off to Mrs. Antonacci. Only a totally dedicated individual would do this everyday, five times a day.

Snow?
Ya gotta be kidding!!!!!!! Possible four inches!!!!!!!! My one kid goes to school in Texas, the other is leaving for the Air Force in Texas. They want me to move there. The PERK? NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay warm and safe and have a great night, folks.

No comments: