Thursday, October 09, 2008

It Only Took 15 Years, But. . .

Talk about seeing the floor, up close. I saw it when I fell over and hit it, face first. Why? Well, I have a group of girls in my social studies class working on a Supreme Court case. After jotting down notes, researching data, recording sources, and composing a graphic organizer, these girls were asked to write an introductory statement and conclusion.

Y'all gotta read this conclusion: "Separate, but equal, caused a lot of problems for mostly the African-Americans. But, when the Brown family took this case to court, three years later, and fought for the schools to be together and equal -- they found that the court favored Linda and people like her. That day, May 17, 1954, Linda Brown and everybody who thought the separate, but, equal, motto wasn't fair, won."

I feel like a frosted, eight-layer cereal square -- proud.

Have a great night, folks.

No comments: