Friday, September 19, 2008

With Tears In My Eyes. . .

It has been a long and difficult week.

My kid is 2,ooo miles away, the victim of Hurricane Ike -- homeless and carless.

Her college campus damaged and inexcessible.

And, through it, she managed to secure a safe place at the home of a friend in Houston. Her life returning to normal with the restoration of power and friends to take her shopping for clothes to replace those she lost. She is set to complete the semester via distance learning and we found, today, the campus may reopen by the end of January.

Then, today, I was called into the office. It appears the middle school and high school teachers took up a collection to help Krysia get through this tragedy.

I LOVE these people. Mr. Fausnaught said we are like a family - we love and we fight, just like any family. Well, here's to you my family -- Thank you, I love you all.

Back to schoolwork
I better get lotsa emails, this weekend, from Sections 62 and 64. You chose not to follow directions for today's experiment and some of you ignored me so much, I was forced to yell at you to get your attention. I know darn well I did get a few to pay attention after my outburst. But, I should not have to do that. So, I wanna hear from you guys so we can finish this project.

Have a great weekend, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your daughter! I hope everything turns out O.K. and that her college is able to open as soon as possible. I'm really enjoying 7th grade. The teachers are AWESOME! =D Soon Mrs. Walls' class is taking a trip to the Renaissance fair so that should be fun. Wishing you the best for your 2008-09 year!