Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rock-n-Roll LIVES!!!

The early-morning crew started an experiment modeling the erosion action of a tumbling mountain stream, while the late-morning bunch went outside to gather a thumb-sized rock. The rock will be used to emulate Archimedes thoughts on displacement and finding volume of an irregular object.

The early-morning crew gathered their rocks, last weekend, but, we will not do that displacement activity until we are further into the geology unit.

The Latest Buzz from Texas
My kid is safe, fed and has a roof over her head. She is planning to stay in Houston and finish the semester via distance learning. She will stay with the family that took her in during the evacuation. She is not yet ready to leave Texas until she learns the fate of some very personal items she had to abandon in her haste to leave her college dorm. I feel as though a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders and feel I can finally get some sleep after more than a week of worrying about my baby girl. Please pray for those Texans that were left with nothing in the wake of Hurricane Ike. "Them thar are good people."

Have a great night, folks.

2 comments:

Shirin said...

Hello! I'm glad you're letting Krysia stay in Texas! She is a very level-headed young lady, and I'm sure you won't regret allowing her to make that decision. I hope all is well with you! :)

Anonymous said...

We Texans do not find that thar amusing :-)