Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Switching to PANIC MODE!!

Hurricane Ike has turned and is now aiming at Galveston. The storm hit deep water and escaladed to a Category 2. Expected to be a tight-forming Category 3, tonight. All students on campus have been ordered to evacuate within the hour and not return until next week. My daughter called as she was leaving her class and heading back to the dorm. She has a bag packed and her roommate will drop her off in Houston. The roommate is going home to Dallas, six hours away. My kid is going to stay with a friend and her family and if need be, go with them if Houston is to be evacuated. Yesterday, I was downgraded to concerned daddy status. The level has now gone up to scared silly daddy. I have to wait another hour or so to hear if she made it to Houston okay. Although the storm is not slated to hit for another day or so, college officials are in precautionary status. This is from a school that did not even shut-down when Katrina hit.

On the Home Front
My cherubs organized their science notebooks, today. Those binders and agendas are to go home every night. Parents; if you take something out of your kid's binder, please replace it immediately. They are being graded for keeping the notebooks organized.

That's about it for me, right now. I am monitoring the hurricane and fielding calls from family that have heard about the change in Ike. Wish my kid well, folks.

No comments: