Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Got Wet

LOL. I needed to be in by 6 this morning to get ready for today's experiment. Needless to say, I got soaked. Afterall, it is so un-cool for a guy to sport an umbrella. Actually, my umbrella is somewhere in the garage and my car was parked in the driveway. Then, when I left about 3:45, it rained again, and, I got wet. If rain is good for growing gardens, lawns, etc., I oughtta have a great crop of hair, shortly.

Welcome Miss Porter
Did y'all say howdy to Nicole Porter? She's our sub for Mrs. Fry. Nice young lady, about my son's age -- did I just admit my age? Oops. Well, Miss Porter has a blog on her website. Click the link to see her blog. http://www.ltsd.k12.pa.us/510720829145125787/Blog/browse.asp?A=398&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=52585. I hope your kids like Miss Porter. She is a very friendly girl - ahem - woman.

Did You Link to Stormpulse.com?
I have been following Hurricane Ike and it looks like it will miss Galveston. Whew. worried daddywatch has been downgraded to daddyconcern.

Leah Writes for Sun-Gazette
My former student Leah wrote an article for the S-G in Monday's paper in the education section. Here is that link: http://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/515314.html?nav=5005 I am so proud of her.

Gavin's Mom's Idea
I had problems with the tin can experiment. Gavin's mom suggested PVC pipe. So, I bought a five-foot section and Mr. Wheeland cut it down to six 10-inch long sections. Thanks, Mr. Wheeland.

Science Notebook
My students will be organizing their science notebooks, tomorrow. I have an index for the munchkins to follow. If I hand it out, it goes in the notebook. Parents, please ensure your kiddoes are keeping their notebooks up-to-date. Also, I make them record the objective and homework assignment, each day, in the agenda. Please make certain there is such an entry for every science class. They get a test grade for the agenda.

Have a great night, folks.

No comments: