Thursday, January 10, 2008

Prepare for the Ocean Floor

Okay, looks like sections 62,63 and 64, are ready for tomorrow's ocean floor quiz. We reviewed, pointed to illustrations and redefined vocabulary. Students used highlighters to highlight important passages in the textbook. Good luck.

Silence
It was eerie, this morning. I meet and greet the kiddoes in the lobby, each morning. Usually, the noise is overwhelming, and then, when Mr. Fausnaught dismisses to the lockers, the resulting stampede causes even me to seek shelter along the wall. This morning, it was utter silence, particularly when they were dismissed to lockers. The procession was orderly and nearly silent. The locker scene was even more disturbing. Students were quietly chatting and quickly hanging up jackets and getting books for class. Brrrrrrr. Mrs. Nemeth then explained the students were told about our presenting tickets for random acts of kindness and behavior. Aha!!! Pavlov lives!!!!!!

My Baby is Packed
Krysia is nearly all packed. She is ready to go back to school. My heart aches something terrible as I realize it will be another four months until I see her. Thankfully, she is happy with her choice of school and friends. Although she is homesick, I can see she is nervous about leaving, this home. The dog has been sleeping with her every night. Last night, the dog realized something was awry and opted to sleep in the hallway, outside my daughter's room. Even the cats kept their distance. However, home alone, all day with the animals, she says they stayed close to her as she packed. They know.

I Saw a Scowl
I must really must be a meanie. Those tickets the kids are designing had one that showed illustrations of a smiling Mrs. Pulizzi, a smiling Mrs. Antonacci, a smiling Mrs. Nemeth, and a scowling Mr. Z. I will try to be nicer, but, I refuse to smile!

Have a great night.

No comments: