Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Water on the Rocks

Students found the volume of their rock by conducting an experiment using displacement of water caused by the insertion of their rock into a cup of water. It was kind of a neat little experiment, hardly one worth mentioning in a blog.

Mrs. Fry is Leaving
It is with a heavy heart I will say goodbye to Mrs. Fry, tomorrow. Health problems have escalated to the point she feels she can no longer perform her duties in the classroom. Few people have touched my life in such a positive way, as Nettie. Her love of teaching, students and reading has even motivated me to read more and utilize her "Read Naturally" program in my science classroom. I wish her a speedy recovery and look forward to the day when she can return to the classroom and continue to inspire our youth. Only my own family and my school family will understand this part, but Nettie, I will pray for you.

More Dichotomous Keys?
Starting tomorrow, the students will begin the process of identifying their rock. We are now into our geology unit.

No comments: