Thursday, September 27, 2007

Okay, so I cried

Mama Fry, I will miss you
The day was emotional, to say the least. One of the finest people I have ever known called it quits, today. Tears flowed freely, all day, but the one image that will stay with me forever was at the end of the day, hordes of 6th, 7th, 8th graders and even a couple of high school students descended on Mrs. Fry's classroom to give her a goodbye hug. I had a camera in my classroom but was far to overcome to think about getting it and sharing a picture of the scene with you. sorry.
The goodbye scenerio was preceded by a short video by Mr. Ellis and Mr. Johnson, featuring 7th graders saying goodbye on our closed-circuit television system. The entire school tuned-in. That was a fantastic gesture, you guys.
In the end, Nettie and I, embraced for such a long time, and I soon joined in on the crying. I simply adore this woman, as I adore Wanita and Cheryl -- we are indeed a family.
When I finally end my teaching career, students will stand in the hallway and say, "who?"

Rewind and Replay
We redid our rock volume experiment to verify our data. It was okay, but I still did not get overly excited about the necessary lesson. Some lesson simply floor me, others? Eh.

How do you collect rocks and identify them?
Students will learn, tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI DADDY!

allstarhomie02 said...

Hi Pappa Z! I hope things are going well for you and your class. Have a good day!!