Wednesday, February 25, 2009

At What Point Do You Realize.. .

you actually do make a difference?

I received a hug, this morning, from a young lady that I thought was so terrified of me, I was concerned she would learn to hate school. Folks, I simply melted.

I made an appearance at History Night, last night. I was overwhelmed by the number of cherubs that ran-up and joyously greeted me, excited that I came to their presentation.

A young man that hauntingly teased me about how well he is doing in Mr. Conoway's 8th grade science. How easy 8th grade is compared to 6th grade science. Did I have anything to do with him finding 8th grade easy?

My Boy Leaves Monday
His four-year hitch in the Air Force begins on Monday. Talk about nervous. At 22, my boy, it is time for you to live your life. Enjoy the ride.

Have a great night, folks.

1 comment:

Marci Davis said...

That brought a tear to my eye. Good luck, Richard!