Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What Makes Conglomerate Rock So Special?

How can you turn this prompt? How would you use it as part of expressing the main idea of a science report? Well, the cherubs were posed that question today, when asked to compose an introductory paragraph and conclusion for their ongoing science report.

Did I confuse them? Eh?!? I think they know that the introductory paragraph needs to be statement with supporting statements. Oh well, we'll see tomorrow.

By the way, they will be writing their sloppy copy of the report, tomorrow and Thursday.

Mrs. Fry Shared Some Good News
She is feeling on the mend and is itching to someday return to teaching. Mr. Fausnaught came along and was there when she shared the good news with us. Geez, I love these people.

Mrs. Antonacci's Visitor
A combat veteran of World War II. A most appropriate Veterans Day observance. Kudos, Mrs. Antonacci.

Freedom of Speech
My social studies class debated a 1951 court case which asks if a man's rights were violated after he was arrested for making "un"American speech on the streets of Syracuse. I was dazzled as Sydney and Braxton took opposing sides and presented fantastic arguments. It cost me a bag of candy, but, was well worth it to see this group engaged in this lesson.

It Was A Nice Visit
Michael came down from the 8th grade, today, to help his mom and some of our munchkins with writing their introductory paragraphs. He stopped by my room during lunch and we chatted. It's always nice when Michael visits the sixth grade. Mom got a bit testy with me because science is not as much fun as when I taught her son using my old environment curriculum. Sorry. I am trying to make rocks - FUN! Maybe if I wore my Fred Flintstone outfit?

Have a great night, folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grrrrrr y is Mrs. Fry coming back to teach next year all I have heard from other teachers is that she is the ultimate teacher
oh well Miss Porter is almost as awesome as you are

PappaZ said...

You're right, Bree. Miss Porter is awesome and I am confident she will find a full-time teaching position. And, I am not begrudging Miss Porter, it's just I worked with Mrs. Fry for years and she left on account of health reasons. So, yes, I adore both Miss Porter and Mrs. Fry and as happy as I am to get Mrs. Fry, back, I am just as sad at the prospect of losing Miss Porter.