Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holy Cabolees!

1. Mrs. Antonacci became ill and left.
2. Miss Porter and Mrs. Pulizzi were ill, but, stayed.
3. We gave 4-sight tests
4. Kids were spread out throughout the building
5. We prepared for student-led conferences.
6. A kid kept a milk bottle in his locker and it soured and popped sending the most obnoxious odor throughout our hallway.
7. Progress reports were printed for the office
8. They served turkey, gravy and stuffing in the cafeteria and I could not tear away for lunch.
Why? Because we had cherubs with no place to go after their lunch, so I opened my room to them during my lunch. That has been my favorite lunch since I was a kid, here - and that was before turkeys were even invented. I missed out on turkey, stuffing and gravy --MAJOR BOO-HOO.
9. Skipped breakfast.
10. Mr. Fausnaught advised us not to eat yellow snow.

I left pooped, yesterday -- came in pooped, today. Am super-pooped, right now. Supper is on my mind, but the dog probably wants her walk. My remaining kid and wife, both, work second shift, today. After walking the dog would I really want to go out to buy supper? Should I make something? Naw, last night, I opened a can of corned beef and sat in front of the tube eating it right out of the can. I hate eating out alone and do not feel like bringing something home.

The day has been one dilemma after another. Worse, yet, the holidays are coming.

Have a safe night, folks. Here's to all the special people in my life -- my family, my school family, and my friends. I proclaim this, the summer of George.

No comments: