Wednesday, October 29, 2008

That Long Awaited and Dreaded Day, Came. It Wasn't Too Bad

Yes, I gave a test. Not just any test. A 10-question, multiple-choice test on sedimentary rocks. I ended with an open-ended question about why these children feel frost and/or ice wedging is a more common form of erosion. I not only asked for an opinion, but, proof derived from experimentation.

Most of the munchkins gave fantastic answers, others only a half answer and only one that was completely off mark. The stats prove our kids are capable of forming coherent and relevent sentences and paragraphs. So, the next time you read those unflattering stories in the local newspaper, calling attention to low PSSA scores and Adequete Yearly Progress, remember, the kids get one shot at a PSSA test, even if its a bad-hair day. I see real progress, each and every day, and I salute the elementary school teachers for their tireless efforts in creating purses out of sow's ears.


Did Ya Read Mr. Fausnaught's Blog, Today?

He mentioned how lucky I am to be working with so many beautiful women in the sixth grade department. Darn right!!! I adore them, all. They are beautiful, talented, intelligent, caring, understanding - did I mention, beautiful? I did? Well, I should say that, repeatedly, every day, all day. If I had teachers that looked like that when I was in school, I would have stayed after-school, often. Notice the artistry of the photograph, something large and horrendous to off-set the sublime, petite, and beautiful.
Have a great night, folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Zdun,

I have to ask (I have never been good at song titles or which artist did what, just like what I like). Your choice of music here is catchey. Who and what is the song title for the music on your blog?

Joanie

PappaZ said...

Hi, Joanie: The song is called Ocean Way Sunday. Here is a link to the album and clips to other songs they performed on their album: http://www.amazon.com/Diamonds-Belly-Other-Star-People/dp/B00000JSBF