Sunday, August 31, 2008

Why I Removed My Sea Aggie Bumper Sticker

Okay, in the wake of Hurricane Gustav, I advised the daughter to leave TAMUG for Houston. She left at 11 p.m. yesterday. Stayed with a friend. Today, TAMUG, informed students, via website, tomorrow is a normal school day. Needless to say, she had to return, tonight. Her roommate lives in Dallas - a six hour drive. The roommate swung by Houston and picked up my daughter. What kind of ridiculous college, located 15-feet above sea level, would hold classes when a Category 4 storm is expected to hit nearby New Orleans by mid-Monday morning? Typical storm surges are 15 to 20-feet! Thank goodness she is on the second floor of her dorm. Her marine biology class, tomorrow, may really be a marine biology class with fishes and other sea critters swimming around her first-floor classroom.

I hope the daughter tires of this silliness and opts to return to the east coast to complete her Marine Biology degree.

Have a nice holiday, folks. I am still on worried daddy watch.

1 comment:

Mr. Fausnaught said...

she's going to be fine mr.z! she is one tough kid!