Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Gag Response

I could deal with the discarded candy and gum wrappers on the floor. I even tolerated the cow syndrome (chomping on gum with mouth-open), but, I draw the line on discarded gum. I peeled off two wads of gum from seats, this morning. Kids found more under the table at computer #5 and one under the hole punchers. Needless to say, I gagged as I removed them. I have therefore instituted a no gum/candy zone in my classroom. I am not kidding. Violators will first have lunch detention with me, and a second offense results in an after school detention. I shutter to think of a third offense penalty.

My BASE Is Getting Bugged
In keeping with water quality awareness, my BASE kids are researching macroinvertebrates and how they are used to study the quality of water. Ya know, some critters are very sensitive to pollution, while, others thrive. Here I thought I would get "icky pooh" from some kinds, but they embraced the research. It really is a kind of fun research. I hope tomorrow's BASE thinks so, as well.

Have a great night, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, aren't you going to continue your blog??? I liked reading what you wrote. : (