Monday, February 11, 2008

Dr. PappaZ Is In

My dentistry office has opened! Yep, today, it was like pulling teeth.

Sedimentary rocks were made and displayed, today. Observations were made and comparisons were made to igneous and metamorphic rocks. Little dialog in the groups. They made it seem like a dreary task, rather than a chance to examine first-hand how sedimentary rocks form. Today's theme was making stones -- of course, I popped in a Rolling Stones CD.

Ho hum. BASE ended-up being an SSR time. No one seems interested in archaeology. Too bad. There is a plethera of fascinating stories floating around this old town.

Social Studies was about the freedom of religion. Only problem is, the munchkins were praying for class to end.

A very disappointing day, indeed.

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww, Mr.Z!!! I learned a lot today. I actually made the connection to what we were doing, and why.
Quite fascinating how rocks form.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lee Lee. I was feelin' kinda depressed over the lack of enthusiasm, today. Perhaps, it was just my perception. I came to school with high-hopes over these homemade rocks. I guess I expected a similar response from everyone else. But, thanks for cheering me up. See you, tomorrow. Dress warm and wear your mittens-it's a-gonna SNOW!!! PappaZ