Thursday, December 13, 2007

Let's Get Personal

Nothing About My Science Class
Well, I shoveled snow, this morning. I so wanted to zip to school to retrieve my digital camera. You would have loved seeing a photograph of my dog, Missy, a black chow/spaniel mix, covered in snow and romping around the yard, while I shoveled the driveway. Then, the neighbor's black Lab came over and the two pups kept running at me, sliding down the driveway and plowing into me to get me to play. Arrggghhhh. I hate snow.

Krysia's Journey Begins
My daughter is in Houston, today. Students at Texas A&M, Galveston, were required to vacate the campus by noon, today. Her roommate invited her to stay at her parents house in Houston, today, and they would take her to the airport, tomorrow morning. She leaves at 9 a.m. Central Time, and arrives in Philadelphia, before boarding a puddle-jumper for State College airport. She is due to arrive at 3:37 p.m.

Thanks Richard's Boss
My son, Richard, made arrangements with his boss --- thanks, boss -- to give Richard the day-off, tomorrow, so he can go with me to pickup Krysia. Wifey has to work, tomorrow, and she did not feel comfortable with me driving the State College, alone.

Wifey
Wifey is one of the salad bar ladies at the Lycoming College cafeteria. Every night, she talks about how polite the students are at that college. She is always amazed that children today know how to say, "Excuse, me" or "Thank you."

Cats Love This Weather
As I type this blog, one of my cats, the baby, Daisy, is curled-up inside a box by my feet. Tight fit, she has one paw hanging over the edge of the box. Another cat, Snowball, is sleeping on the stair landing, curled-up under the staircase window. A third cat, Wheezie, is sleeping on the radiator in the kitchen. The radiator is encased in a wooden frame with a glass-topped shelf on top. Fluffy and Skunk opted to come in and eat and then go back outside. Fluffy retreated to the garage, while Skunk is curled-up in a wicker basket we keep on the front porch.

At The Mall
Weather is too nasty to have school, today, Richard works at the mall and called, he said the place is inundated with school children. I'm glad Loyalsock opted to cancel school rather than chance having a kid get hurt going to or from school. If parents want to permit their kids to go to the mall, well, it's their conscience -- our's are free.

Pappa Z's Christmas Wishlist
A class III trailer hitch for my '99 GMC Jimmy 4dr/4wd. Installed with tongue, ball, and wiring, $260. I remember the last time I had a hitch put on one of my vehicles $79 total, and that was just 10 years ago.

Play Safe, My Charges
I want all my monkeys to remember safety while playing in the snow, today. I want you back, tomorrow, healthy and in one piece. Sorry, Cole, I'm too late for you. However, take care of that knee and it will heal quickly.

Uh, coffee maker beeped. Ah, another pot of coffee is ready for consumption. Have a great snow day.

2 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

Great that Krysia is coming home for the holidays! Also that your son could have the day to meet her.
Say hi from an old language arts teacher!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Z.! I went sledding on Thursday and had fun! I made a ramp and practically killed myself! My bottom hurt for 15 minutes after that.
-Ryan L.
P.S. My dad has a snow blower already Leah. They torture me by making me shovel.Also, I don't care if your not satisfied with the band.