Friday, November 23, 2007

Shopping Made Easy

Black Friday was not the adventure I thought it would be, today. Perhaps, I have grown immune to the rude, pushy, Christmas shoppers. Oh well, did not buy a thing, yet. Wifey and I are going out, again, later.

I was not in school on Wednesday, spent the entire morning at Geisinger Medical Center, getting a shot and surrendering blood. I am anxiously awaiting the results of the tests to ensure I am on the road to recovery and ensure I will be around for a few more years teaching students there are no black or white answers, that science dwells in the realm of grey.

The son is working, today, at Circuit City -- 3 a.m. to 3 p.m. He was so worried about Black Friday he did not sleep, last night. However, he seemed alert when he dashed out the door at 2:30 this morning.

The daughter is off to Mexico, today. She went with a friend to spend Thanksgiving with the friend's grandparents in Donna, Texas -- That thar is 10 miles from the Mexican border. You can still drive into Mexico without a passport, until January 2008.

We spent Thanksgiving with my father and sister, they are neighbors and live about a hour from here. My sister cooked up a wonderful feast -- however, I was limited to butternut squash and sweet potatoes. My son piled-up his plate, twice, so I know he enjoyed the food.

So, my dear students and their parents, how did you spend Thanksgiving? Did you do the Black Friday ritual? What are your plans for the rest of this vacation? Who's going huntin'?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.Z!!!!
We went 2 my Grandparent's for a Thanksgiving lunch. Yum!! I had turkey, potatoes, corn, and rolls. Mo, (a.k.a. Miranda,) is going hunting. I find the concept of shooting and killing an animal just plain old cruel!!!
Lee Lee

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Z! My Thanksgiving was good too. I ate tons of turkey and had fun seein' the rest of my family in New Jersey. I was able to go to my cousin's house to play.
See ya Tuesday.
-Ryan L.
P.S. Don't listen to Leah. HUNTING IS AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

mr z im went hunting. I saw 1 deer. The weather was bad, so the deer were hiding. take that for a comment ryan and leah!!!!!!!!!!!


Nick P