Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Tire Just Blew!!

Okay, you're riding down the highway, when all of a sudden one of your car's tires, blows! You pull over and change the tire, right? Well, my geology unit has done the same thing. I am spending more time reviewing work done, than teaching. I've become a bookkeeper. Time to change the tire. I am putting the geology unit on the shelf for a couple of months, or until I can regroup. Today, I started my tried-and-true freshwater unit with a little project called, "Taking Account of Water." (click on the title to view the project.) This is a water conservation awareness project and the kids will recruit family members, this weekend, to participate in a home water useage survey. It'll be fun. The rest of the project pushes data tables, bar graphs, finding percentages, etc. You know, real old-fashioned learning.

New Sun-Gazette online
The Sun-Gazette, this morning, launched their new version of the online newspaper. It's great!! I am so glad the local newspaper has entered the 21st Century. I, in particular, like the blogs. So many new faces in the news room. It's been a long time since I was a reporter, there.

Early Morning Blog
Some of you may have noticed the time I posted this blog. I was sick, last night, and went to bed early, only to toss and turn, all night. It was about 2:30 a.m. I decided to shelf the geology unit and got on my 'puter to see if my freshwater unit needed updating. Well, it did, and I did, and am ready to fly off to school to print off copies for all the students. Therefore, my homework page is being changed.

No comments: